Full Article – http://www.hollywoodreporter.com
by Alex Ritman 9/10/2015 8:26am PDT
The first episode from Mulder’s and Scully’s return will bow at the Palais.
Thirteen years after it seemed Mulder and Scully had hung up their alien-hunting gloves once and for all, attendees at this year’s MIPCOM will get the first glimpse of The X-Files revival.
Organizers announced Thursday that the first episode of Fox reboot will be given a world premiere in Cannes on Oct. 6, with creator and exec producer Chris Carter in attendance at the Grand Auditorium of the Palais.
The six-episode series reunites Carter with stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, stepping back into their iconic roles as FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.
“The return of this iconic series underlines the current demand for story-telling at its best,” saidLaurine Garaude, director of TV at Reed MIDEM, which organizes MIPCOM.
“We are delighted that Fox has chosen MIPCOM for the world premiere of the return of The X-Files, which is one of several high-profile series being showcased exclusively at MIPCOM 2015.”
The original series lasted nine seasons after premiering in 1993, going on to become a huge international hit, winning 16 Emmys and five Golden Globes.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)